Duration: 11h (aprox.)
Description: Discover the 1500 year old Mayan ancient city of Cobà and admire the awesome landscape of thousands of acres of forests from its 43m high Nohoch Mul pyramid. Visit, meet and learn from the families of the Mayan community of Nuevo Durango. Eat a delicious, organically grown lunch, explore the methods of cultivation and farming that this community uses now a days, adventure into a refreshing cenote as you rappel down its limestone walls; and witness a swarm of swallows decent and disappear into the earth at dusk.
What it includes:
– Guided visit of Cobá archeological site
– Freshly made juice and traditional amaranth-nut-honey bar to recover from long walk.
– Guided visit of Nuevo Durango’s organic crops, house-farms and cooking methods.
– Organic Lunch
– Rappel descent into Cenote.
– Swallow descent spectacle.
– Transportation from and to hotel.
What to bring:
-Biodegradable mosquito repellent
-Photographic device (believe us… you will want to brag later on Facebook!)
-Pocket money (there is beautiful and delicious local-made craftsmanship. No, we do not receive any commission on these sales. Communities keep 100% of the profits they make.)
I want to go! How much does it cost?
Prices vary depending on how many people you want to bring along. Of course, the more the better! Email or call us for details.